Invalid SQL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invalid SQL

I get the following message everytime I try to add/upgrade/or remove a product:
    MySQL Error : Can't open file: 'cron.MYI' (errno: 145)
    Error Number : 1016

Thanks in advance

To fix this run Repair/Optimize in the Admin CP. You may need to run it more than once to fix all errors:

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Repair/Optimize Tables -> Check All -> Continue

If you cannot access the Admin CP you can also use phpMyAdmin to repair tables.

If that doesn't work then this may be too damaged to fix with the normal methods. Please check out this thread for other ways to repair a db, particularly items #2 and 3:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=44909

You may have to ask your host to try and repair this for you.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
      To fix this run Repair/Optimize in the Admin CP. You may need to run it more than once to fix all errors:

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Repair/Optimize Tables -> Check All -> Continue

If you cannot access the Admin CP you can also use phpMyAdmin to repair tables.

If that doesn't work then this may be too damaged to fix with the normal methods. Please check out this thread for other ways to repair a db, particularly items #2 and 3:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=44909

You may have to ask your host to try and repair this for you.
      Hi Steve,
      Thanks for your reply.
      I read your recommendation in another thread right after posting my thread, and I followed the instructions therein. The process of repairing/optimizing the tables was interrupted, and I got (the webpage can not be displayed) screen. I ran the (Restore Database) from my webhosting CP, and I got the forum contents of an earlier date.
      Any explanations for that?
      Many thanks!

Comment

Thanks Steve!
        Problem fixed by repairing the table (corn) from phpMyAdmin page.
        Many thanks
        Last edited by ehabfouad22; Thu 30 Apr '09, 1:21pm.

Comment

The problem is back with (post) table
          I tried almost everything, exept working on mysqlcheck, (it's not easy at least for me) and my forum pages are all down now.
          Any help?

Comment

If it's the same error, then the same solutions in post #2 apply.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

If it's the same error, then the same solutions in post #2 apply.
              Optimizing/repairing the tables is not completed successfully. It's interrupted in the middle with a (webpage can not be displayed) screen. This happens both in VBCP and phpMyAdmin. Any simplified details for how to use "myisamchk repair" functions? I think the table is seriously crashed, and the hosting company said: we don't offer maintainance for the "contents" of database. They handle only its "functionality".

Comment

You have to have root access to the server to run myisamchk. The instructions are on that page I linked to.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

You have to have root access to the server to run myisamchk. The instructions are on that page I linked to.
                  Any alternatives? cron and post tables are unrepairable using any of the tools available to me.
                  I've been restoring the database every 5 to 10 days. My users are tired of losing posts!
                  Please help me in that by any possible means.

Comment

Try to restore full backup and then upgrade to the last available version of vbulletin

Comment

All the available repair options are listed in post #2.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Any recommendations for Database Maintenance Professionals to take care of my forums' database? I cannot do that myself

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X