UP. Need help please.

Leave a comment:

• goha
    replied
    Anybody?

Leave a comment:

• goha
    replied
    I just realized, that moderators also have right to moderate social groups.

This might be good sometimes, but we have different kind of moderators on our forums, and in general, I won't allow subforum moderators to be able to moderate social groups.

However, it is near to impossible to edit manually each moderator on the forum, as we have around 600 moderators now.

Here comes two questions:

Would you please advise me, how can I mass-remove all social permissions from sub-forum moderators? I mean the persons, who have rights to moderate on particular forums (not these from "moderators" group).
    If we don't have UI for that, could you please advise me DB query to remove the manually?

How can I change default values for moderator's right? I mean that we add/remove moderators quite offten, and I want to create proper template, and not to edit moderator right everytime when I add-remove someone.

In particular, I want to be sure, that every time, when I add new moderator, it has social persmission moderation right turned off by default.

thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    Try turning off Can Manage Own Messages and Can Manage Own Discussions.

Leave a comment:

• goha
    replied
    Thanks, I found and set up second one.

Still have a question regarding (1). I found social group entry in user groups permissions, but there are nothing similar to my problem (every social group member can moderate discussions). Would you please advise me further?

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    1. In the usergroup manager > edit usergroup > social group permissions

2. Again, in the permissions (for messages to be approved by owner), but also under vboptions > social group options > allow join to view groups (for users must joing to view content)

Leave a comment:

• goha
    started a topic Social Groups permissions and properties

Social Groups permissions and properties

I just upgraded to 3.8.2 (from 3.6.7)
    Noticed, that every member of social group can moderate social group discussion (delete messages).

why? how to make it works normally, like on vbulletin.com ?

Social groups on my forum only have two properties:
    Enable Albums
    Enable Messages

On THIS forum, it also have
    Messages must be approved by the owner
    Users must join to view the content

Why? How I can do this on my forums?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X