Redirecting to wrong thread after voting a poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redirecting to wrong thread after voting a poll

This isn't happening with every poll, but I have now see it happen twice (to multiple people, but two different polls).

After submitting a vote on a poll, the user is redirected to a thread OTHER than the one that the poll is on. There is some problem with the redirect. I don't know if this is a DB corruption thing or a vB known issue.

I had someone on my forum (a mod of another forum) saying that they had the same problem on theirs.

I'm on 3.8.1 and I think they are 3.8.2, but might have been on 3.8.1 when it was happening.
    BroncosForums.com - Broncos Fan Forum
    Total Broncos - Denver Broncos Blog and News

I've created a few polls recently and haven't had this issue. I'm using 3.8.2. Do you have any plugins installed? If so, they only thing I can suggest is to disable them and see if the problem persists.
    No...No...Meester vBulletin, he no work right.

Comment

It sounds like your pollids are messed up. You need to use a program like phpmyadmin to examine your thread table. Find out the highest used pollid in the thread table. Then edit the autoincrement value on the poll table to be higher than that number. That will prevent further overlaps, but there is no easy way to fix the existing overlaps.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Bunce View Post
        It sounds like your pollids are messed up. You need to use a program like phpmyadmin to examine your thread table. Find out the highest used pollid in the thread table. Then edit the autoincrement value on the poll table to be higher than that number. That will prevent further overlaps, but there is no easy way to fix the existing overlaps.
        Ok, I can do that. Any idea what causes it?

Comment

Originally posted by tnedator View Post
          Any idea what causes it?
          Addons or major maintenance gone wrong, like a botched database restore.

Comment

Ok, can this be right? If I sort my thread table by pollid, the highest value is 37760, but when I go to the poll table, the pollid in the polls table is only 393. The next auto-increment is showing as 394.

Do I set the autoincrement all the way up to 37761?

Comment

Yes.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Bunce View Post
                Addons or major maintenance gone wrong, like a botched database restore.
                same problem here but didnt know how to fix it .. login to phpmyadmin :

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/3615/threadtable.jpg pollid 316 right ?

and this is poll table http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/5339/polltable.jpg ....... where exactly should i edit ?

Comment

Once you've determined the highest pollid from the table, click on the 'Operations' tab at the top of the page and there will be a new set of options appear. In the 'auto_increment' field, change this to a number higher than the highest pollid.
                  Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
                  -
                  *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
                  - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
                  - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

thnx

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X