Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Error on reply page-smilies not working?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error on reply page-smilies not working?

I'm running 3.8.2, and have recently installed a new skin for this version.

I'm getting an error in the bottom toolbar, and when I open it to see the error, I get this message:

Line:12
    Char: 15181
    Error: Invalid arguement
    Code:0
    -and a url to the page I'm on with the error.

This is causing my smilies not to work when clicked on. I've disabled the hooks, and tried that, but it did'nt make any difference.

This is the only skin I have that this happens on. All the other skins, even though they're for 3.8.1, work perfectly.

I'm testing it with IE7 here, but the smilies work fine in firefox also.

I know many are going to say that IE sucks, but many of my members use IE, and I test all my skins in both browsers before I let them use them, to avoid any problems.

Any ideas as to what is causing the error and how to correct it?

And help would be great.

Thanks.
    Last edited by bh1; Tue 21st Apr '09, 5:30pm.

This is a javascript error caused by a conflict in your custom skin. You need to contact the designer of the style and make sure that you are using the version made for your version of vBulletin. If it is, then the designer needs to resolve the conflect for the error to go away.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Thanks for the help. I'll contact the skin designer.

Comment

ok iv have tried over and over to fire this dang error im pulling my hair outi dont under stand how this error can be conflict with anything the theme is made soley from the default vbulletin theme ? only thing that is changes is CSS (from the css editor) (no aditional css added in) simple HTML to make up the tables and images n thats it.

this error is ony occuring in IE7 works fine in IE8,FF,google chrome safari and opera some one wana take a look at this? cause im stumped

the error appears to be coming from textedit.js how can simple html code (extracted from adobe cs4) conflict with this javascript?

also botjh version of vb are the same 3.8.2
        Last edited by NukeDesign; Wed 22nd Apr '09, 1:34am.

Comment

Most likely you have a table closed where it shouldn't be closed or a div out of place. If you need help fixing this issue in your theme, then you should visit vBulletin.org as this falls under custom coding.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
          Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

i will check but im pretty sure all my tables are closed properly and i dont use divs so that rules the div out

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X