Switching domain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switching domain

Basically Im switching my domain and restoring everything on my new forum.
    I have restored all the files and database already. The problem now is that when i click a thread/section in the forum it redirects me to my old forum.

Make sure this setting is updated:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Site Name / URL / Contact Details -> Forum URL

Most links in the default software are relative. But some addons use full URLs. Updating the above setting may fix those links.

Comment

Okay thanks jake.
      Now the problem is that It seems like both forum are connected.
      When I update the forum url is takes effect on my other forum also.

Comment

Sorry for the double post.
        I need someone to help me with this.
        My two forums seem to be connected even though there in two different site.

Comment

You are only allowed to have one active forum per valid vBulletin license (and one test forum). When you delete the older forum in order to comply with that rule, you will automatically take care of the double-posting problem.

Comment

I will remove the forum If that the problem.
            I need to confirm from a staff first.

Originally posted by Baba Wawa View Post
            You are only allowed to have one active forum per valid vBulletin license (and one test forum). When you delete the older forum in order to comply with that rule, you will automatically take care of the double-posting problem.

Comment

Originally posted by NKBlaze View Post
              I will remove the forum If that the problem.
              I need to confirm from a staff first.
              Sure - good idea. Good luck to you.

Comment

Each license is good for one installation of vBulletin, i.e., one set of vB files on one domain with one set of vB database tables. As per the license agreement:

"vBulletin license grants you the right to run one instance (a single installation) of the Software on one web server and one web site for each license purchased. Each license may power one instance of the Software on one domain. For each installed instance of the Software, a separate license is required. Modifications to the software or database to circumvent the one-license-one-board rule are prohibited."

You can view the license agreement here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/order/license_agreement.php
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

So basically what I should do is.
                  Back up the forum via ssh then remove the forum.
                  Then install vbulletin normally on my new server?
                  Will it be normal then?

Comment

I'm not sure you will need to re-install the forum on your new domain.

Backing-up is certainly a good idea.

I'm curious, too, about what is causing the double-posting problem. I hope that someone will come along to explain it. And then, of course, to tell you how best to cure it.

Comment

Double post problem? well I said " Sorry for double posting" which is refered to sorry for bumping the thread I guess.

Comment

No, that's not what I meant. When I say "double-post," I mean the fact that when you post in your new forum, the same post shows up in your old forum.

At least, that's what I understood you to say. To me, it is a very interesting problem, and I would like to know both the cause and the solution. Which is what you want too, I believe.

Comment

It doesn't double post.
                          What I meant was If I turned this forum off the other forum gets turned off as well.

Comment

Originally posted by NKBlaze View Post
                            Okay thanks jake.
                            Now the problem is that It seems like both forum are connected.
                            When I update the forum url is takes effect on my other forum also.
                            It sounds like both forums are using the same database. If you want them separate then you need to create a new database and change the includes/config.php file to point to the new database.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X