Closed access

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Closed access

I have hit my burn out point on my forum but I have been bitten by the make themes bug. Let me cut to the chase.
    I've had my site for over a year now and I feel like it was a mistake on the subject matter. The site for the most part is dead. But I do so enjoy making some simple themes. Now at the same time I don't want to be bothered by spammers and dead beats signing up and posting thier garbage.
    How do I slam the door on people signing up? Also if I close the site to public access how do I go about hand making access for some that I do want to get in?

By the way VB is just the cat's meow when it comes to being the best forum software out there. I have had more fun and learn so much that I just can't put it down.

Thank you for any help any one of you can give me on the questions I have posed.
    Seti

You can turn turn off registration here:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> User Registration Options -> Allow New User Registrations

You can still manually add new members:

Admin CP -> Users -> Add New User
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Got it, thanks.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X