Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'rebuild threads' hangs when run

Hi folks,

When I ran 'rebuild threads' it gots to thread 10650 and hung up. I deleted thread 10650 and now it hangs at 10649. Then I deleted thread 10649 and it hangs at thread 10648. So then I deleted thread 10651 but it still hangs at thread 10648. All threads were physically deleted.

Any ideas please? There are about 170,000+ threads.

Thanks!

This may be a server time and/or memory limit. To increase your limits edit your includes/config.php file and add these lines right under the <?php line:

ini_set('memory_limit', -1);
    ini_set("max_execution_time", "2880");
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks Steve, that didn't cure it though!

Comment

Try repairing the db then do this again with smaller batches. It's got to be either bad data or a server problem.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I have tried the same function on another server and the same issue happens. So it looks like it's a database problem.

I ran rebuild post cache and it took about 10 mins to complete, the rebuild thread info takes about 2 mins to hit the failing thread so it's not a timeout or memory problem, I don't think.

Any other ideas please?

EDIT:

I've just found out that 'rebuild similar threads' also fails at the same point.
          Last edited by glennybee; Tue 21 Apr '09, 2:08pm.

Comment

To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all plugins.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

Do you have the same problem?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

A plugin is causing the problem, I just need to find which one.

Thanks for your help, once again, Steve!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X