Upgrade from 3.7.3 to 3.8.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade from 3.7.3 to 3.8.2

I'm trying to upgrade from 3.7.3 to 3.8.2 and I have some bad errors.

When running the upgrade file it has this on the header of all the upgrade pages (located before ther doctype in the source code):
    ==========*/
    ?>==========*/
    ?>

this is on all pages.

Once the upgrade has completed, I tryied to login, but now I am unable to login or view the forum - IE gives me an "cannot display the webpage" error; whilst Firefox gives me this error: "The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression."

Any Ideas??

I fixed it by running the SQL Script to disable the GZIP.

However, I now have 2 problems:

Problem 1:
    ALL the forum pages now suffer with
    ==========*/ ?>==========*/ ?>

as the headers.!!!!

Problem 2:
    When I try to login as admin, this is displayed in both IE & firefox on the admin welcome screen (I can only see a white screen with this MySQL error message)
    atch Level 1'); ?> ==========*/ ?>

The view source shows this:
    atch Level 1');?>==========*/?> <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Frameset//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-frameset.dtd"> <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" dir="ltr" lang="en"> <head> <script type="text/javascript">
    ...................(rest of source code looks normal)

I've tried restoring back to my original HTML pages & database backup, but each time I've tried the upgrade, it's doing the same thing!
    Last edited by pdaly12; Mon 20th Apr '09, 4:42am.

Comment

Fixed!

Fixed it!

I just deleted the old forum folder to ensure all files from the previous VB v3.7.3 was removed. Then created a forum new folder and uploaded the files from the new v3.8.2 'upload' folder.

This seemed to do the job!

What a waste of a day! if only I did this first thing this morning, it would've made monday a much better start to the week!

Comment