Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RSS Feed Manager Not Updating Automatically

Hi there,

I have entered in 3 feeds into my RSS Feed Manager and stated that the feeds should be checked every 4 hours.

However, they're not.

They do run when I proactively click on

Run Scheduled Task Now

Did I miss specifying something?

Thanks in advance,

Barbara

Scheduled Tasks are triggered by code in the footer template, so if you have modified this template or added code to other templates it may interfere with the running of the tasks. Also if there is no activity on your forums, the task won't run.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Steve please tell me there's a way to work around the "no activity no task run".
      When you're trying to get content in and no one's in the forum it seems silly to me to have the RSS feed go to sleep. I really need to have the RSS feed to automatically get the feeds and post them regardless of whether some one is in the forum. My site is floundering and I really need to automate some functions.

Comment

There is no workaround. That is the only way that vB can trigger scheduled tasks.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X