• Show
Clear All

• wda2015
    replied
    lol.. i am happy for you.

Leave a comment:

• toby06
    replied
    WEBDosser, I could kiss you! How wonderful that it was that simple. Now, surely it's 5pm somewhere because I need a drink.

Thank you all so much for your help!

Leave a comment:

• toby06
    replied
    No I haven't, but I will. didn't even - even - think of that. *fingerscrossed*

Leave a comment:

• wda2015
    replied
    have you updated all counter inside admincp maintenance

Leave a comment:

• toby06
    replied
    Hi Lynn, yes, it is/was. I created a new database, user, etc. for the test site. I double checked all the config files.

In looking at the forum table within the database (for my live site via phpmyadmin), I see all my forums.... however, when viewing via the admin panel, I see one cat and one forum - the default of Main.

Any idea where vB looks to find the forum structure/display?

I paid for support and we have attempted to restore via a back but that's hanging so I'm about to try another.

In all, it doesn't look like any data is lost, it just appears to be misdirected.

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    But is the config.php file for the test site different from the one for the main site? It should be pointing to a different database.

Leave a comment:

• toby06
    replied
    I checked and just checked again. The config file uploaded for the live site is correct. All the data within is also correct. I'm stumped.

And thank you so much for your reply. Any other ideas?

Leave a comment:

• Theater
    replied
    Is it possible that you uploaded the incorrect config.php file? Download it to a separate folder on your computer and open it up. Ensure it has the correct database name and other info in there.

Leave a comment:

• toby06
    replied
    Additionally, within the AdminCP, all the users are there, all my mods are still being shown but the forum listing is the default of "Main Forum". I'm a bit hesitant to touch anything for fear of well... making it worse.

Leave a comment:

• Fairly Urgent - Forum is down after installation of test forum

I just installed a test forum on a domain which resides on the same server as my active forum. I was certain to use a new database, new everything. Well oddly. The new db is being shown as my current site.

I'm not sure what to share with you to proceed. I've checked through phpMyAdmin and all the tables are still there so nothing was overwritten. I've checked my config file and it's pointing to the right place, yet what's being shown is my test board - which I've now taken down.

This is pretty urgent matter for me and I do appreciate any help I could get in sorting this out.

Thanks so much.