Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Machol
    replied
    This is still a server issue. Please follow those instructions.

Leave a comment:

• old7888
    replied
    Thanks for your help but it is not a large file that is causing these problems. Also, the photo album is not allowing any uploads either, the upload feature is not even there anymore.
    I erased some files since I thought I may have been at a limit (as this as worked in the past) and that didn't help either.
    Everything was working fine up until 15 days after upgrading from 3.7 to 3.8.1, nothing was changed by myself to cause this problem leaving me to believe that the PHP database limit may have been reached.
    However there is only a total of 2.46 MB worth of attachments in the data base which leads me to believe that this isn't a database storage limit issue and possibly a template issue???
    The PHP database limit has always been at 3000 M (3 Gigs) since the site started and the site is VERY small with only 10 active members and about 100 total photos and attachments uploaded including in the photo albums....

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    I suspect this is a large file, correct?

In addition to the vB settings, the allowed size of the attachments depends on the PHP and MySQL configuration. You may need to check and change the upload size for both PHP and for MySQL. Note, you'll need to have root access to the server to do this (or have your host do it.) Make these changes to php.ini:

upload_max_filesize = xM

..and my.cnf (or my.ini for Windows systems)

set-variable=max_allowed_packet=xM

Change it to the size ('x') you want in Megabytes. Restart the webserver and MySQL after making these changes.

Note: Do NOT use MB, just M for the megabytes setting.

You may also need to increase the memory_limit, max_execution_time and max_input_time variables in php.ini.

Also you might want to take a look at this for other settings that affect file uploads:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showp...0&postcount=12
    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...319#post748319

Leave a comment:

• old7888
    replied
    I am getting this as an error message:

[Sun Apr 12 20:04:31 2009] [error] [client 76.16.168.30] File does not exist: /home/old7888/public_html/404.shtml, referer: http://www.78-88olds.com/forum/newat...anageattach&p=

Leave a comment:

• old7888
    started a topic Upload Error with Manage Attachments

Upload Error with Manage Attachments

I am getting an upload upload of file failed error when trying to upload attachments in a thread (Manage Attachments). The file is within the upload parameters, I am not having a connectivity issue and I have checked the user permissions as well.
    My attachments are stored in the database (PHP/mysql), do I need to create a separate file?
    Last edited by old7888; Sun 12 Apr '09, 8:43pm.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X