Currently Active Users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Currently Active Users

At 'What's Going On?' you can see 'Currently Active Users' and you can see what threads they're looking at, example: 'Viewing Thread Hi There'

Now I was wondering, suppose this thread 'Hi there' is on a board that certain members don't have access to and are not allowed to even see it, what will they see?
    Will they see the name of this thread? Or will they something completely different?

Try it and see. Open a new browser (not new browser window, a new browser) and register a regular user. In the original browser, have your admin open a thread in a forum regular users can't see. Now have your test user go view the admin's profile and see what it says.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Well, that's just it: I can't. If I log in with one, I'm logged out with the other. Apparently I'm doing something wrong but I don't see how I can open a new browser since I only have 1.

Comment

That's why I said open a new *browser*, not just a new browser *window*. For instance, I use firefox all the time. When I need to test using a regular test account, I open Safari to login my test account.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Originally posted by Cleomatra View Post
          At 'What's Going On?' you can see 'Currently Active Users' and you can see what threads they're looking at, example: 'Viewing Thread Hi There'

Now I was wondering, suppose this thread 'Hi there' is on a board that certain members don't have access to and are not allowed to even see it, what will they see?
          Will they see the name of this thread? Or will they something completely different?
          If they do not have permission to view a specific board, they will get an error message, and as an Admin you will see on the What's Going On page the error message the user is seeing.

Comment

If a member is viewing a thread in a forum that a second member doesn't have permission to view, the second member will see the first member as "Viewing Thread" with no other information when viewed in Who's Online.
            Anybody who says "it can't be done" will usually be interrupted by somebody who is already doing it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X