Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gah..! visitor message spam.. How to deal with it..?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gah..! visitor message spam.. How to deal with it..?

I have a spammer doing a lot of visitor message spam (Russian 'dating' spam..)

I can delete the user and their posts but that doesn't seem to delete all their visitor messages..

Any tips or how to cope with this please?

If a spammer is reported how can I erase all the spam visitor messages they have left?

Thanks in advance..

Well, even if you deleted the spams a copy has been sent out.
    You can go to the spammers profile section through the ACP and use the dropdown menu on the top to delete PMs.

This is another reason I have two registered usergroups.
    People with fewer than x posts can not send PMs.

After a person posts a few times, they are moved to another registered group with no restrictions.
    ...steven
    www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
    bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
    "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

If you have not deleted the user yet (best to ban, not delete) then you can find this option in the Quick User Links in their account in the Admin CP: Delete Visitor Messages Sent by User
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I mean personally i don't have visitor messaging in my forums. You can view as a guest but i think having the messages system working for visitors is something i wouldn't want. To be honest its a pain in the a** to moderate aswell as the forums. Also youre always on the lookout for spammers.

I see it like this: If you want to post bad enough you'll register. Thats my view.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X