Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to ban users based on "Search for Users"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrams
    replied
    Ahh there manual spammers. I haven't got a spammer in months so i must be doing something right...Lol

Leave a comment:

• mrBjordal
    replied
    Hi

Posters have to be registered and activate the membership prior posting. I have turned on the "Image Verification". We moderate all new postings. I have also written at the top of the forum that we moderate all new postings, written in red bold text. We still get a lot of spam every day. Signatures turned off, for everybody.

Last week I got 156 new members and last week I banned 22 members for spamming.

Leave a comment:

• Wrams
    replied
    Why haven't you just sorted your Human Verification and registrations settings to stop the spammers? That way you only have manual spammers and you have a setting where they can't post a URL until they've made a min of 15 posts? I can't really understand what your saying? Perhaps i'm being stupid or read your question wrong.

Goodluck anyway

Leave a comment:

• mrBjordal
    replied
    How do I set up a rule that sends posts for moderation if it contains a specific word? In example name of a drug or adult site related words. Or maybe delete the post and ban the user automatically?

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    You would have to do it one at a time unfortunately.

Leave a comment:

• mrBjordal
    started a topic How to ban users based on "Search for Users"?

How to ban users based on "Search for Users"?

Hi

I use 3.8.1 patch 1.

I have figured out that most spammers in my forum select the first Interests option in the User Profile Fields, based on this the first option is "I am just a spammer", the rest of the options are valid for the forum. I can now click Users at the CP, then Search for users, then go to Interests and check the box for "I am just a spammer" and click Find.

So, my question is: How do I ban all this users without ban one by one?

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thank you
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X