Database Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Database Error

I was getting the same database error, I upgraded to the latest VB version but am still getting the same error.

I am also getting people complaining the forum is running slow, can anyone telll me if the two are connected and how would I resolve it?

Many thanks

Database error in vBulletin :

mysql_connect() [<a href='function.mysql-connect'>function.mysql-connect</a>]: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10060) D:\WEBSITES\http://www.shoppingtelly.com\forum\i...class_core.php on line 311

That is a generic database connection error. If the problem is persistent then that means the info in your includes/config.php file is wrong (verify that info with your host). If the problem is intermittent then you should contact your host because the database server might be having uptime problems.

As for the slowness... are you on a shared server? Performance on shared servers is usually unreliable because of the other sites on the same server.

Here are some intensive features you can toggle to help performance:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> General Settings -> Thread/Forum Read Marking Type

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Forum Display Options (forumdisplay) -> Show Users Browsing Forums

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Forums Home Page Options -> Display Logged in Users?

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Message Searching Options -> Search Engine Enabled

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Email Options -> Use Mailqueue System

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Server Settings and Optimization Options -> Update Thread / Attachment Views Immediately

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Plugin/Hook System -> Enable Plugin/Hook System

If you continue to have slowness problems then I recommend you post in the Server Configuration forum. Post the info requested in this thread and they will be able to make recommendations:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70117

But if you are on a shared server then they will probably just tell you to upgrade to a better server.

Comment

Well i had this problem and in the end it was my host. I had 27 emails in one go with DataBase Error in the subject and it was a server/host problem. I have now changed hosts since then and everything is fine. Who is your host? Don't tell me its HostPapa coz they are horrible? If it is them then they are shared with over 100,000 other websites. which all went down at the same time. I also had the same code as you with the On line 311 error

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X