"File does not contain expected contents" in register.php

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "File does not contain expected contents" in register.php

I've upgraded to 3.8.2 and since then, after registration, the user is not logged in.

I tried registering with the original Style from vBulletin, and the same error.

So, I checked the "Suspect File Versions", and found this:

register.php File does not contain expected contents

I've re-uploaded the original register.php file from 3.8.2 in ASCII but keep seeing the same message.

I've also disabled all hooks from config.php and the "File does not contain expected contents" is still there..

What should I check now?

The file check compares file hashes which are unique to the zip file you downloaded. If you upload a single file from a new zip file then the hashes won't match and you will get erroneous results from the file diagnostic. To fix the diagnostic you can upload the entire set of new files.

As for the login problem... many portals and other addons will modify login forms and links to use full URLs which can cause these kinds of login problems. Sometimes you can fix this by editing the cookie domain:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Cookies and HTTP Header Options

Try using a cookie domain like this (which uses your domain name, including the beginning dot):

.domain.com

That will make it so your forum cookies work from any subdomain of your domain, with or without "www". You will need to log out and login to your forum again for the changes to take effect. You may have to manually delete the cookies from your browser.

Comment

Thanks Jake..

I'm using the original register.php, with the original Style, with all hooks disabled, and my cookie domain is like ".domain.com" beginning with a dot

But after registration, it keeps logged out...

Is there anything else I could check?

Comment

After a user creates their registertaion, they need to really login the first time. They're carried on a session untill their first real login. The first time they login after they reigster and click on remember me, they should stay logged in.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
          After a user creates their registertaion, they need to really login the first time. They're carried on a session untill their first real login. The first time they login after they reigster and click on remember me, they should stay logged in.
          Zachery, I understand that after the registration, the user is logged in with a "don't remember me" cookie.

But in this case, when they see the message about the "confirmation email", and they go for example to the homepage again, they are still not logged in

The URL of the forum is www.elforro.com / or www.elforro.com/register.php

Comment

I still have this problem. I don't know what else to check.

I've disabled all hooks, restored the style, disabled all plugins and double checked my cookies settings, but I can't find what could be wrong..

Maybe some misconfiguration in the server, something? Any clue besides the "standard error check"?

If you could tell me witch part of the code [in PHP or Templates] is used to that first loggin after registration, I could check that...
            Last edited by ElForro; Sat 11 Apr '09, 1:51am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X