Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change/remove username after a user has been removed

Hi,

I have a user who had his account deleted because he used his real name, i have always assumed that his nickname would be replaced with "guest" but i now see that his username still shows and the "guest" part in where normally you see "junior member".

He has requested us to fully remove his real name from the forum, but as I have already removed his account I'm not sure how to go about this. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Flar

p.s. we run vb 3.8.2

You would have to go back and edit those posts to remove his name, or use a script to change all posts made by username X to some other name. Or just delete his posts.

Comment

firstly i can't find the user anymore as he was deleted so he doesn't show in the admin cp or the member list so getting a list of all his posts is going to be hard.
      I'm also not aware of the option to edit the username for a post.

I understand this might be possible by changing the data in DB itself, but it's not my forte and i'd rather not bother my sysadmin with it if possible.

Greetz,

Flar

Comment

dear try to use this hack

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=200952

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X