No announcement yet.

Forum Upgrades, Blogging & Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, Steve, there's the screen snapshot of your members area product upgrade screen. See for yourself. I'm not sure why it worked for you. But it clearly WON'T work for me. In fact, it even says in red bold type:

You must renew this license before you can purchase this product.

If it's working for you, then the question is are you doing it some other way?
    Attached Files

Comment

Hmmm...I really don't understand why it worked for me then. I will inform the Devs about this.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Please take a moment and try it yourself, Steve. If it worked for you yesterday I'm not sure why it did; but it flatly refuses to work for me. Look at the screenshot attached to my last post and see for yourself.

Why would it work for you and not for me? Could it be your permissions are higher than mine? I'll bet that's it...

Oh well, it is what it is and the client now clearly has NO support. So, I guess we'll fork over $40 to renew the download support and forego the purchase of the your blogging add-on for now.

There seems to be nothing else I can do here.

Comment

This was my mistake. When I tested this on a particular account I inadvertently chose the 'active' license instead of the 'inactive' one as I thought. My bad.

So the answer is that you were right. The Blog and Project Tools can only be purchased for active licenses. Therefore if the license is inactive then it needs to be renewed first.

My apologies for the confusion.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thank You. I sincerely appreciate the follow-up AND your efforts at support. We all make mistakes. God knows I sure as heck make my share.

I'm gonna go ahead now and pay for the download support upgrade. That will use up $40 of the $60 I'd set aside to buy the blog add-on weeks ago. So the blog purchase will have to wait a while for this client. That's too bad. I wanted to install it now; but as we all know, money only stretches so far.

Thanks a lot Steve. As always, I truly appreciate all you do.

Best Professional Regards,
            Greg / websissy

Comment

The download support service for this client has now been renewed.

Thank you!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X