Clear All

• Lats
    replied
    Good news

Leave a comment:

• xmitchx
    replied
    Originally posted by Lats View Post
    Sounds like you're using cookie based thread marking, try the database method under general settings.
    Ah, didn't even realize this setting was available. Since my forum is low-traffic (only 10 to 20 active users consistently), I'll enable this. Seems to be working great so far

Leave a comment:

• Lats
    replied
    Sounds like you're using cookie based thread marking, try the database method under general settings.

Leave a comment:

• xmitchx
    started a topic Forums are never marked as "unread"

Forums are never marked as "unread"

Hi,

I've ran a forum for quite awhile now and its always been on vB and I've never seen this problem. This is also only occurring within the Safari 4 Beta on Mac, as far as I can tell.

I typically access my computer via Firefox on my desktop, and have never seen this problem. It is only when I travel with my MacBook Pro that it has recently began manifesting itself.

Disclaimer before the official description: I am a software developer so don't be afraid to use technical terms with me. For those reading this, I have tried clearing out my cookies, logging out then logging back in, clearing caches, restarting the browser, etc. and it all seems to do nothing.

I visit my forum (http://forum.team-lightning.com) and there will be new posts but the forums are always marked as read, I never see them unread. So I have to manually watch the posts and notice, manually, when there are new posts.

At first I thought it was just a cookie problem, so I cleared my cookies, and it fixed it temporarily, but as soon as I clicked "Mark Forums as Read" they never get "unread" again.

I also didn't notice this before 3.8.1 PL1 but unfortunately this could be a coincidence due to the release coinciding with the release of Safari 4.

Has anyone seen this problem? Solutions? I'm really unsure what to do since it is starting to annoy me.

Thank you,
    Mitchell