Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switch from PHP4 to PHP5

Hi-

I'm currently running PHP4 through my hosting account at Godaddy. I would like to switch it to PHP5 cause I want to install the Facebook Connect feature and it requires PHP5.

If I make that switch on a Live Vbulletin Forum...will it mess things up? Is there a way to make the change seamlessly?

Also, if I do make the change and its a disaster and I switch back...will everything return to normal...or will it be messed up FOREVER??? lol

Anybody have experience making this change.

Thank you,
    Chris

vBulletin is fully compatible with PHP5. The transition shouldn't cause problems.

Comment

Interesting that I found this thread, but I have the same question and a problem.

I am on a shared hosting account with ASO and switched from PHP4 to 5. Everything looks fine, but when I am in forumdisplay, click one of the checkboxes on the right to select a thread and then use the Moderation drop-down menu to perform some action (like Delete, move, etc), I get an Internal Server Error when I click the Go button. Anyway idea why it does this and how I can fix it? Everything works fine when I switch back to PHP4.

Late edit: I am still running 3.7.3 but this thread was the closest I could find to the problem I am having.

Thanks!
      Last edited by RCarver; Thu 4 Jun '09, 8:04am. Reason: Additional Info
      Robert M. Carver

Comment

Please start your own thread in the appropriate forum for your version. Include all the relevant details.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
          Please start your own thread in the appropriate forum for your version. Include all the relevant details.
          Will do, but getting ready to upgrade and maybe it will work then (or not).
          Robert M. Carver

Comment