X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Group user title overide

I set this to Yes in User group manager

Can override primary group title/markup

where would the user go to edit the title ?

UserCP > Edit Your Details > Custom User Title
    Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
    -
    *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
    - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

that is the thing , is not showing , I loged in as user who has permission to do so but it is not showing up

Comment

Originally posted by youjoomla View Post
        that is the thing , is not showing , I loged in as user who has permission to do so but it is not showing up
        I've just enabled it on 2 forums and tried and it works OK? Do you have anything in the User Title field for the usergroup or is this field blank?
        Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
        -
        *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
        - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

That override only works if they are in multiple usergroups. They would choose which group to be displayed as under Misc -> Group Memberships in their User CP.

To allow custom titles, there is a specific permission for this in the Usergroup Manager. This needs to be set to yet. It is "Can have custom title".
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

ok wayne , the first part is what interest me and I am trying to do , I have club memberships , the problem I have is, if a registered user upgrades his account , he than has 2 badges , one for club and one as free user , I am trying to have them decide which one to show

Comment

There should be a group membership link in their USER CP at the bottom under Miscellaneous. They can choose which group they want to be displayed as there.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Hi, I have started to admin a 3.8 vBulletin forum, and I'm a newbie (to administration).
                I would like that special usergroup such as administrators and moderators, would have their primary usergroup title overriding their user title.

For this reason I have written the usergroup title to override, but this doesn't work and still I see the user title under the user name, instead of the user group title.

Of course I can modify from CP, but this is not what i wish.
                Attached Files

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X