Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    The only ways would either be the template edit or to look over at www.vbulletin.org for an add-on that does this for you.

Leave a comment:

• Jeffoo
    replied
    I am trying to disable the option to option "Enable Private Messaging" in the user control panel. So basically, I want to force private messaging to be enabled for everyone.

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    What specifically are you trying to disable?

Leave a comment:

• Jeffoo
    started a topic Restrict certain User CP options

Restrict certain User CP options

Hi,

In a pre-sales post, I was told that I could restrict users from changing a messaging option in the user control panel. Now I have bought vBulletin and I am looking for the best way to do this. I noticed that I could edit the template for the usercp options screen and delete the entire section about enabling and disabling instant messaging (correct me if I am wrong, but the templates themselves are actually stored in the MySQL database). However this seems like a pretty crude way of doing this, and it may pose a possible spoofed post back attack and let a person disable their messenger. Is there any addons that allows me to ad hoc disable certain usercp options?

If I am not posting in the right forum, let me know, I am new here

Thanks
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X