images and ie8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks wayne

what cannot speak cannot lie [as they say] and looking at your screen grabs i am baffled

i take it be compatabillity mode you mean

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Cookies and HTTP Header Options -> Send Internet Explorer 7 Compatibility Header

as i said if that was off it was me playing - it had been on before you turned it back on

so looking at your images i post 2 of mine - the first one is what i see when i look at the thread you grabbed your first image from

the second one is from a test board - all settings are the same - it is being viewed from the same computer - it is hosted on the same server

all this started when one poster ubgraded to ie8 - so it is not just my system

i have cleared my cache and rebooted the system

so - i am baffled
    Attached Files

Comment

While in IE8 on a page where the images are not showing, press F12. In the resulting window go to Images -> View Image Report. This should open a new tab in IE8 with the information for every image on the page.

What does that report state?
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
      Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

can cut and paste it all but i am guessing this is the bit you want - i see that 5 times - well similar as there are 5 broken images in the thread

Broken Image
        SRC
        http://waveland.rdns.net/~diplocks/w...1&d=1236818091
        Actual Width
        unknown
        Actual Height
        unknown
        Adjusted Width
        177px
        Adjusted Height
        177px
        Alt text
        Click image for larger version Name: snow_feb_09_0017.jpg Views: 8 Size: 151.9 KB ID: 1885
        Title text
        Click image for larger version Name: snow_feb_09_0017.jpg Views: 8 Size: 151.9 KB ID: 1885
        File Size
        unknown bytes
        DYNSRC
        [No DYNSRC]
        LOWSRC
        [No LOWSRC
        the quote below is from the test board - i notice its a different address - not just the board name - waveland is the server name we are on - they transfered the board some time ago so we could be on a different server for a later Mysql or something - they made a mess of it and had us running on 2 servers at the same time - no idea what i am talking about really as i dont look after that part - but could it be related to that - can get more info if it helps

SRC
        http://diplocks.co.uk/vbaboard/attac...1&d=1237576458
        Actual Width
        100px
        Actual Height
        75px
        Adjusted Width
        100px
        Adjusted Height
        100px
        Alt text
        Click image for larger version Name: 29072007015.jpg Views: 1 Size: 36.9 KB ID: 2
        Title text
        Click image for larger version Name: 29072007015.jpg Views: 1 Size: 36.9 KB ID: 2
        File Size
        2109 bytes
        DYNSRC
        [No DYNSRC]
        LOWSRC
        [No LOWSRC]

Comment

What do you have defined for your site URL in the live site?

vBulletin Options -> vBulletin Options -> Site Name / URL / Contact Details.

Below is what I have for the same image that you're reporting as broken:
          Code:
          SRC 
           http://diplocks.co.uk/wysiwyg/attachment.php?attachmentid=1887&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1236818091

Actual Width 
           100px
           Actual Height 
           67px

Adjusted Width 
           100px
           Adjusted Height 
           100px

Alt text
           Click image for larger version Name: snow_feb_09_0056.jpg Views: 10 Size: 186.4 KB ID: 1887 

Title text
           Click image for larger version Name: snow_feb_09_0056.jpg Views: 10 Size: 186.4 KB ID: 1887  

File Size 
           3092 bytes 

DYNSRC 
           [No DYNSRC]  

LOWSRC 
           [No LOWSRC]
          Are you sure that you are not still on multiple servers for some reason? That would explain why some people can see them and others can't.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
          Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

on the main board in Forum URL - http://diplocks.co.uk/wysiwyg

on the test board - http://diplocks.co.uk/vbaboard

with regards to the Waveland address - we were told this was temp to distinguish which server we should be accessing when they moved us and forgot to remove the original - once they had deleted the original we were told never to use the Waveland address again

Comment

IE8 does have a compatibility setting in the "tools" drop down menu.

Comment

thanks - just set it and its done nothing - this gets dafter

Comment

for info and consideration - i have copied the board software on the server and renamed the copied directory to a new name

i then pointed the link in the config.php file to the test board database

so i am using the main board server software with a different database and images work fine

so am i right in concluding that that proves all server software is ok as are all templates and settings on the main board and the error must??? be in the database or the link between that and the server software

Comment

Are you sure that you are not still on multiple servers for some reason? That would explain why some people can see them and others can't.
                    missed that earlier on wayne - i dont look after the host side - have asked my fellow admin

Comment

On my forum (vBulletin 3.8.1 PL 1) the same problem in Internet Explorer 8 does not show the image format .jpg (other graphic files: .GIF .PNG .JPEG running without problems). It should be noted that the image format .JPG (and others) are displayed without problems in blogs and photo albums to the Forum.
                      Compatible with IE 8 is included. Disables any fashion. The Forum has a standard style. But all this does not yield results, pictures .JPG does not appear in the message to people that are using IE8.

Let me also draw attention to the fact that I had in other fora, where the version 3.8.0 the problem does not arise. Forums are one hosting provider.
                      I use Internet Explore for Windows Vista 64 bit.

P.S. I apologize for the wrong English, I write through translate.google.com.
                      I hope that the essence of my message is clear, and you can find a solution to this problem.

Comment

some more info and questions

i can point any board install at any database by altering config.php

so i spent yesterday copying this board software to another dir - so at that moment its an exact copy of the main board

did that to be safe

i also have an out of the box install with 1 picture added as a test board

so in order -

the out of the box works perfectly - picture displayed

copy of main board pointed at out of the box database works perfectly

out of the box pointed at database from main board - no pictures

main board to its own database - no pictures

therfore error must be in main board database - its not ie8 or vb

database was a backup that the server people had after their server was hacked - they said it was the best they had - is it therefor suspect

we also had the board moved onto another server and they made a mess of that by having the old server and the new server live at the same time - this caused some posters to see one board - others the other - i know nothing about databases but would there have been 2 or only 1 accessed from 2 boards - whichever would it have mattered

all that said is there a way to repair the database if it is suspect - i have run the counter reset and anything else that looked useful - nothing helped

OR am i at a point that if i want to cure this then i need to start again - would impex help as losing everything is not a good option

and i guess one last thought even with all of the above why can wayne see the picture nobody using ie8 on the board cannot????

Comment

I've had a couple dozen different users report the problem with IE 8, other users with IE 8 can see images fine. One user was interesting because on two different computers both with IE 8 they can see images with IE8 Beta Version 8.0.7000.0, but can't on the computer with IE8 Version 8.0.6001.18702.

Comment

Hi all,

this is getting quite confusing to me. On my board the pix do not show in IE8. So whats the problem here? All i know is that there is a problem.

Is it IE8 problem?
                            Is it a vb-IE8 compatibility problem?
                            Is it a db problem?
                            Is it a plug-in issue?

Finaly, how do i set this straight? I have the IE7 option enabled.
                            Kind of annoying really.

Comment

How to solve the problem?

Comment

Can you view the images if you paste the image url directly into the browser? Just wondering if it's a problem viewing the image in the forum (maybe a style problem?) or what.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                                vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                                Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                                If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X