Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Admin can not read PMs

Hi All!

After upgrade on official licensed "vBulletin 3.8.1 Patch Level 1" forum Administrator can not read PMs at all
    Only empty web-page is shown while admin opens any private message (for example, with help of link such as http://***/forum/private.php?do=showpm&pmid=51230)

Fatal PHP error appears in log:
    [Thu Mar 19 17:53:47 2009] [error] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function query_first() on a non-object in /***/www/forum/includes/functions_newpost.php(1881) : eval()'d code on line 14

All forum users do not have troubles with PMs.
    This problem affects only Administrator...

Any ideas?

I posted this in your thread on vb.org:

Line 1881 of functions_newpost.php is:
    PHP Code:
    ($hook vBulletinHook::fetch_hook('private_newpm_reply')) ? eval($hook) : false
    So,your error is being caused by a modification using the private_newpm_reply hook location. If you know which modification it is, just turn it off. Or, turn off the modifications one-by-one until you find the culprit. Then, go find the modification thread and see if a fix has been posted for this issue.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Thank you, Lynne!
      I found the product that caused this problem in 3.8.1 and turned it off.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X