Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lynne
    replied
    I just looked and that forum, executive Lounge, was already showing the info in the Last Post column the first time I looked. So, if you changed the datastore stuff, I'm not seeing a change. Also, check your config.php file and see if you are even using the datastore method.

Check vboptions > server settings and optimization. What do you have set for Update Thread Views Immediately?

One thing to be aware of.... vb runs a lot of Scheduled Tasks (cron jobs) to do various things. They get triggered to run by people clicking around on your forum. If you have nobody on your forums, then they don't get triggered. So, you may want to look at your Scheduled Task Manager, take a look at the "Next Time" column. Now go click around on your forum, then refresh the Manager page and make sure some of those tasks got run.

(Whenever I go to start working on my test site, the first thing I do is click all over the forum to get all my Scheduled Tasks up-to-date.)

Leave a comment:

• dba2003
    replied
    Just a kind reminder that this issue is still unresolved, thanks!

Regards

Leave a comment:

• dba2003
    replied
    Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

You are absolutely right! the audio repeat will of course be removed as soon we launch which will be as soon as we can get the VB script to populate the forum home page correctly.

Changing to Chmod 777 for:

- includes/datastore/datastore_cache

- and the /datastore directory

Have fixed the problem to 50% (!?) pls look at the forum homepage again where the "executive Lounge" forum does now indeed correctly show active posts. However, a couple of active full posts in the top "members introductions" forum do still not display on the forum home page.

Please advice.

Thanks!

Regards
    Patrick

Thanks!

Regards
    Patrick

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    Originally posted by dba2003 View Post
    Thanks so much,that did solve the memory issue.

However, I also had one more question posted in this thread. Please let me explain the remaining problem again:

When I post to forums the threads show up in each forum correctly, however NO threads/or "latest posts"/date appear under any of the same active forums on the forum homepage making it appear as all forums are completly empty.

Your advice is highly appreciated.

Thanks!
    If the user can't see the contents of the forum, then nothing will be shown in that field. You might want to make sure your includes/datastore/datastore_cache file is chmod to 777 if you are using it (and the directory has the correct permissions also).

(Forcing users to listen to a sound clip every time they click on a page on your forum doesn't make them want to stick around on the forum much.)

Leave a comment:

• dba2003
    replied
    Thanks so much,that did solve the memory issue.

However, I also had one more question posted in this thread. Please let me explain the remaining problem again:

When I post to forums the threads show up in each forum correctly, however NO threads/or "latest posts"/date appear under any of the same active forums on the forum homepage making it appear as all forums are completly empty.

Your advice is highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Your PHP does not have enough memory allocated to it to complete this operation. Ask your host to increase the 'memory_limit' variable in php.ini to at least 32M.

To temporarily up your limits edit your includes/config.php file and add these lines right under the <?php line:

ini_set('memory_limit', 32 * 1024 * 1024);

Leave a comment:

• dba2003
    replied
    Additional info: The correct VB version installed is 3.8.1 as well as latest version of VBSEO

Leave a comment:

• dba2003
    started a topic I get error message when trying to post

I get error message when trying to post

Hi,

I have a new vb 3.8 install on http://www.bizoppjunction.com/business-forums/

Everything seems to be working fine but 2 things... very important features;

- as soon as I try posting a new thread I get this error message and no new reply is added to the forum:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 19456 bytes) in /home/dba2003/public_html/business-forums/includes/adminfunctions.php on line 3562

The domain runs on a very fast VPS host using cpanel

- In addition, one new member actually managed to post a new thread and it only shows as a new thread if you click into the actual forum. It does not display on the forum home page as a new thread under the "member introductions" forum. Obviously this needs to be addressed as otherwise all forums will look empty when visiting the forum home page.

Thanks!

Regards
    Patrick
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X