Adsense is for 3.8.0??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adsense is for 3.8.0??

I have 3.8.1 on my site and installed the only thing I could find for the adsense integration and only uploaded the necessary few files as indicated. When I ran the diagnostic, it said my init.php file was outdated.

Now - I've also posted that all of the sudden, my admincp expandability won't work and I basically can't use my admincp. I did run the diag. and the only problem it came up with was the outdated init file.

Is there an updated adsense-integrated script for 3.8.1?

Please see these instructions for using Google Adsense integration with vB 3.8:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=295885

And here is the documentation:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/adsense_integration
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I know... I did:

Q. I downloaded 3.8.0 and upgraded before I integrated my Adsense account. How do I get ads to show?
      A. After integration, redownload vBulletin 3.8.0 and then upload the following files:
      admincp/deployads.php, includes/init.php, includes/adsense_templates.php, and includes/xml/cpnav_ads.xml.

So I only uploaded above files, but my version was 3.8.1 - the diagnostic is now telling me the init.php file is a version mismatch because it was the one I downloaded from the Google Adsense script as shown above.

Code:
      [B]init.php[/B] File version mismatch: found 3.8.0, expected 3.8.1

Comment

3.8.0 or 3.8.1? It's difficult to tell which version you re running from your description.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

My version is 3.8.1

The init.php file from the Google Adsense-integrated version is only 3.8.0

Comment

No it's not. Download a new 3.8.1 zip file and upload those files.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

So what should I install if I have already installed 3.8.1?

Thanks.

Comment

Nothing. You just need to follow the instructions in post #6. If that doesn't work, then you either are not uploading the files correctly, or you never finished signing up for the Google Adsense integration as per the instructions.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

So I am uploading all the 3.8.1 files or the adsense files?

Sorry I am such a noob.

Comment

All the files.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Thank you Steve.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X