Clear All

• flounder
    replied
    looks like both sites were using the .htaccees file. It is corrected now

Leave a comment:

• flounder
    replied
    OK, I have as ticket open with host gator. Here's the issue:

I opened a ticket last night because I could not get redirection to work for www.longislandfishingforum.com. The ticket was updated that it was fixed and now www.longislandfishingforum.com redirects to www.longislandfishingforum.com/forums; however, texascrappieforum.com is now broken and was working fine last night. My site www.texascrappieform.com was setup to redirect to www.texascrappieform.com/forums and was working fine last night. This morning I logged in and www.texascrappieforum.com simply went to the index.html which stated the forum was coming soon. It was no longer redirecting to www.texascrappieforum.com/forums. You could go directly to www.texascrappieforum.com/forums, but www.texascrappieforum.com would no longer redirect you. I started an online support chart and the support person removed and re-added the redirection for www.texascrappieforum.com which now causes a redirection loop, so I went into cpanel and disabled redirect and gave my subscribers a link to click to go to www.texascrappieforum.com/forums.

Now the interesting thing is www.longislandfishingforum.com redirects to www.longislandfishingforum.com/forums, but redirection is not set in cpanel which tells me that perhaps a work around was used which will not work for me if I need to change it in the future.

I will send an update later. I have turned redirection off for TCF.

Also note:
    I re-installed www.longislandfishingforum.com yesterday from the ground up, so the issue was pointing to the server as far as what I could see. I read other posts regarding cookies and the setup in vbulletin, but no success. Hopefully they will respond to my ticket soon.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    I don't know what you mean. Neither of those two domains redirects to that URL for me.

Leave a comment:

• flounder
    started a topic Redirection Loop issue - exhausted

Redirection Loop issue - exhausted

I have two forums - texascrappieforum.com and new longislandfishingforum.com

Notice it redirects to www.texascrappieforum.com/forums

I had no such luck after installing my new forum today. Anytime I try to redirect from my host it goes into a loop and it is setup exactly as texas crappie forum. I deleted everything, cleared cookies, and re-installed from scratch - same issue

I opened a ticket with host gator, but the online chat guy says they don't usually address these type of issues. We'll see. Any ideas?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X