Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reply posts getting added to original post.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reply posts getting added to original post.

I have a problem where a user posts to a message then replies to the same message the new post shows up in the original post. Is there a way to keep that from happening? I want all new posts to be new posts and not combined with the original post.

This seems to happen when user a makes a post then comes back and adds a reply to the original post they made.

How can I fix that?
    Celebrity Gossip and Photos || Business Community

Sorry I don't understand. Please try explaining again.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

What version of vBulletin are you running? Seems I remember this being default behavior way back when.... if you reply to your own post within a certain time frame and nobody else has replied in the meantime, it would just add the text to your existing post. I haven't noticed it lately though and a cursory search through the vBulletin settings doesn't uncover anything that would cause or effect that.
      Anybody who says "it can't be done" will usually be interrupted by somebody who is already doing it.

Comment

Honestly if that's the case then I've never heard of that happening with any version if vB.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Okay, I've been racking my brain over this and it seems like there was a mod for an earlier version of 3.X that would merge posts instead of allowing double posting. Maybe it wasn't default vBulletin behavior. Things change so much over time that it's hard to remember it all.
          Anybody who says "it can't be done" will usually be interrupted by somebody who is already doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by bigwater View Post
            Okay, I've been racking my brain over this and it seems like there was a mod for an earlier version of 3.X that would merge posts instead of allowing double posting. Maybe it wasn't default vBulletin behavior.
            Maybe it still exist on vb.org ?
            (I mean they are using it over there.)

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

It's kind of hard to explain what's happening, but let me take another shot at the explanation again.

As as user I create a new thread and post it to the board. Now, I want to post a follow up to the original post and click on the reply button. I then type in my follow up post then click the submit reply button.

I get the following:

Code:
               this is post 1

---------- Post added at 10:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 AM ----------

this is post #2
              I don't have any addon's installed that do this, so I'm assuming that it's a configuration setting within vB, that needs to be changed.

Comment

Problem solved. One of my admins added a module without telling me that merged posts together.

Thanks for everyone's help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X