• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tony adams
    replied
    to close this and give the reason if it comes up in a search

the poster had a setting wrong in here

http://diplocks.co.uk/wysiwyg/profile.php?do=privacy

i had upgraded the board from 3.5 recently - not sure if there is any reason in that but the poster was not aware he had changed the privacy setting

thanks to Jake for finding it

Leave a comment:

• tony adams
    replied
    thanks steve will do that

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    If you have removed all third-party modifications then fill out a support ticket at:

http://members.vbulletin.com/members...ontactform.php

Please include a complete description of the problem and be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP in the 'Sensitive Data' field.

Leave a comment:

• tony adams
    replied
    ok - i have done everything in post 4 - nothing changed i cannot see the 2 public albums that i know are there

some more info - i looked at the server and the albums are there - they are shown as public to the person who created them -

if i look at them via the members pulldown they are both there - they appear to have the same name - i have renamed one - that did not help

with no idea what i was doing i backed up the 3 tables

album
    albumpicture
    albumupdate

and inserted them into a clean install - the missing albums [without pictures] showed perfectly on the recently updated albums page

i am lost - it has to be me or a setting - but i cannot see what

Leave a comment:

• tony adams
    replied
    have not had chance to do the things in the post above - been busy with other problems

but before i get round to that can i raise a point

i made another account for the poster who's albums do not show - the account was in the same group - he was on the same pc - he made an album - added one photo and everything is as it should be with that album

we still cannot see the other one he has on his 'normal' account - i have checked and double checked the settings and can see no reason it does not show

surely this is not a mod or plugin - is there not a way to force it to show - i have tried renaming it - changing a title - i have not tried deleting a photo - i am not sure if i could add one to see if that worked

but all i do does nothing - the album does not show but is there via the members list

Leave a comment:

• tony adams
    replied
    thanks again steve - thats going to take time and i dont have much at the moment but will get onto it asap

will get back later

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    I do not know why a modification would cause that. I do know that if the permissions are set correctly this would not happen with the default vB.

To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all plugins.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it.

Do you have the same problem?

Leave a comment:

• tony adams
    replied
    thanks steve - cannot tell you much more -

but just to be as clear as i can be - 4 seperate posters uploaded albums - if i [as admin] look at albums i can only see 3 - i know there are 4 as the poster tells me so and if i go to the members list and go to that poster it says he has an album - if i check it it says it is public

i do have a number of modifications on the board but why would one of those allow 3 albums to show perfectly and one not - if they all did not show then i could make sense of it - but will turn them off and see if things change

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Not really enough info to go on. However if the permissions truly are set correctly, then really the only other possibility is that a modification you installed is causing this.

Leave a comment:

• tony adams
    started a topic album not showing

album not showing

4 posters have added albums to the board - they are all set to public - only 3 show

the 4th is there - if i look at the poster in members the album is there and i can see the pictures - i have checked it is set to public - why does it not show - is there anything ii can do to show it in albums
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X