IE Display Error in Post Reply section

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IE Display Error in Post Reply section

Okay, so in the first attachment I have a picture of the post icons that are present under a reply window. This is a picture of how Firefox currently displays our reply window.

The second picture is of IE displaying the same exact window. It has an error in it in that the icons extend over the right-hand border of the icon box.

It's a small thing, but a thing none-the-less. How do I correct this?
    Attached Files

Try this. Create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Then change to this style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?

If you do, empty your browser cache, close all browser windows and try again.

If you do not have this problem with the original templates, then this means the problem is with one or more of your custom templates. You need to revert your templates, then redo your changes.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Following those instructions, yes. The error is still there.

The error is present in the new style (the one created off base templates with no parent) as well.

I think IE is just a giant piece.

Comment

What's the URL? Do you have any add-ons installed?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
          What's the URL? Do you have any add-ons installed?
          No add-ons installed.

The url is http://www.gametramp.com/forums/index.php

On that note, you'll notice in IE (or at least I did) that in the top left-hand corner of the pages where the logo usually is, I don't have a picture there. I have a text word, but that's it. In Firefox this displays as it should. In IE, it insists that there is an image there, and it demands that it be allowed to post a red x in the top-left portion of every page of my boards.

It's really irritating. I completely removed the image from the styles. I have no idea what its problem is.

Edit: If I use the default style, the logo is still there despite that I've told my boards through the admin CP not to use one. Thus I guess I need a template change or something to cure that?
          Last edited by Alastor; Mon 9 Mar '09, 4:33pm.

Comment

PS: If you want in on an admin account let me know.

Comment

Fill out a support ticket at:

http://members.vbulletin.com/members...ontactform.php

Please include a complete description of the problem and be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP in the 'Sensitive Data' field.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

K. Thank you.

Comment

FYI: I can reproduce this in Safari. I'm seeing a small image in the top-right corner but it isn't displaying.

Comment

Thanks Jake and Steve.

What apparently I needed to do to "work around" the post icon thing is that I had to widen the pixels used for my form width. Jake Bunce helped me out.

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> StyleVars (in the menu) -> Form Width

The problem of course is that my page now looks slightly off-center and awkward rather than presenting the smooth, well-placed, clean look VB usually has.

I would propose that in future incarnations something similar to our smilie options be added for thread icons. How many to display per row, how many columns, open extras in a new window, and so on. That would alleviate the issue and allow me to put my settings back to default so that it doesn't appear I got drunk and bored while on the Internet.

That's not to say this doesn't happen. I just don't like to leave evidence of it.

This also doesn't resolve the matter of why Firefox and other browsers seem to have no problem displaying things properly, while IE does.

I'm going to think about this a while, but I may very well revert to the default settings on this so it displays properly in all browsers except IE rather than making it look "slightly funky in all browsers" instead, and simply tell my users that are using IE to get a real browser.

I'll ponder on that.

As for the broken image issue, we have yet to resolve that.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X