Security Token Missing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security Token Missing.

I am running version 3.8.1 with the latest patch that came out. Well in the past I had an error with my forum where if some of the members signed in, instead of taking them to the forums, it would redirect them to a error message.

The error message comes from this url http://tmcgforums.com/profile.php?do=dst and the message reads

Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.

What could be causing this and how can I fix this issue?

The only way I can currently view the forums is by deleting the url to just http://tmcgforums.com when it directs me to the error page.

Any help would be appreciated!
    George Beale
    www.millenniumcapitalgroupllc.com - Investment company | www.recyclingbootcamp.com - Where recyclers can come to network with one another! | www.viprecycling.com - Scrap Metal, Junk, & Electronic Recyclers! | www.biddingextreme.com - Online Auction Site |

My webmaster and I just figured it out luckily. Thanks anyways.
    George Beale
    www.millenniumcapitalgroupllc.com - Investment company | www.recyclingbootcamp.com - Where recyclers can come to network with one another! | www.viprecycling.com - Scrap Metal, Junk, & Electronic Recyclers! | www.biddingextreme.com - Online Auction Site |

Comment

it was actually and issue where as soon as you logged in it was pulling up

profile.php?dst

i then look in the footer cause of the dst mentioned is in footer. it was missing

<input type="hidden" name="securitytoken" value="$bbuserinfo[securitytoken]" />

i am the webmaster mentioned

Comment

Originally posted by giovanni40223 View Post
        it was actually and issue where as soon as you logged in it was pulling up

profile.php?dst

i then look in the footer cause of the dst mentioned is in footer. it was missing

i am the webmaster mentioned
        I can confirm this fixes the issue in 3.8.1. Add the above quoted code just after
        Code:
        <form action="profile.php?do=dst" method="post" name="dstform">

Comment

yep easy enough fix.

Comment

Did anyone else notice this occured to the daylight savings time users? I had it happen to me on my forum that I administer... This fix did not help my problem. My template was *not* missing the above code. It still does it on my site, but at least I know what I'm looking for now. PS> It doesn't matter which style I choose. This still happens. Is this a bug?
            Last edited by carcomp; Mon 9 Mar '09, 3:06am.

Comment

<!-- auto DST correction code -->
              <input type="hidden" name="s" value="$session[sessionhash]" />
              <input type="hidden" name="do" value="dst" />
              </form>

this was in the footer.. .i had to add the line in red right after. It then worked fine. This worked on about 4 forums.

Comment

Originally posted by carcomp View Post
                Did anyone else notice this occured to the daylight savings time users? I had it happen to me on my forum that I administer... This fix did not help my problem. My template was *not* missing the above code. It still does it on my site, but at least I know what I'm looking for now. PS> It doesn't matter which style I choose. This still happens. Is this a bug?
                Same thing happen to me too. All after DST. A couple of my users contacted me yesterday but so far the others are fine. Including myself.

One had a macpro using Firefox and another IE on XP. Had one guy get around it by using his wifes laptop which had Vista using firefox. He went back to his pc with IE and it worked fine afterwards with no problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan P. View Post
                  Same thing happen to me too. All after DST. A couple of my users contacted me yesterday but so far the others are fine. Including myself.

One had a macpro using Firefox and another IE on XP. Had one guy get around it by using his wifes laptop which had Vista using firefox. He went back to his pc with IE and it worked fine afterwards with no problems.
                  Found out my members were using the same skin. Once they changed to the default it worked fine.

Comment

Related:

Since I was set as "unalterable", for some reason DST could not be set, but once I took my userid off of the list, and went into admincp and set myself to "DST = True" or whatever that Radio Button option is, everything was fine.

Comment

Originally posted by giovanni40223 View Post
                      <!-- auto DST correction code -->
                      <input type="hidden" name="s" value="$session[sessionhash]" />
                      <input type="hidden" name="do" value="dst" />
                      </form>

this was in the footer.. .i had to add the line in red right after. It then worked fine. This worked on about 4 forums.
                      This also worked for me. Thanks!

Comment

Shouldn't this fix have been in the latest version of VB?

Sometimes, not all the time, I get this error when uploading attachments.

"
                        Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error."

forget it: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=296967

Question answered!
                        Last edited by silentdub; Fri 13 Mar '09, 8:23am.

Comment

It is 'fixed'. The problem is that you have a modification that is not compatible with the latest version of vB.

Please see this thread for the steps to resolve this error:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=296967
                          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X