vBulletin Message
          YYXXXX
    you do not have permission to access this pageThis could 
    be due to one of several reasons
    :

1.Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access 
    this page
    Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative 
    features or some other privileged system?
            2.. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled 
    your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
          Log Out Home 
    They always get redirected to the login screen. This problem seemed to start happening after I installed both VBA 3.1.0 and vb 3.8.1

I have tried all the suggestions here:
    http://www.vbadvanced.com/forum/faq....trouble_cookie

I have done all steps contained within including step #3 where it talks about changing to .yoursite.com. I had to back this one out since it caused me to not be able to login to the admin section of the site at times!

Please if anyone can help me on this one, I'm at the end of my rope. I tried disabling all plugins while I had a user who is experiencing this problem on the phone to no avail.

I disabled all plugins, and was on the phone with a user who is having this problem and it made no difference, so I think that takes VBA off the hook?.....

Will pay a Paypal fee if someone can help me fix this one!

An interesting side note..... one of my users who is experiencing this problem told me that even though he is unable to logon to my forums, he can logon the FlashChat chatroom that we have installed without a problem which shares the login with vBulletin.

Comment

This is either a permissions issue or it's a problem with a modification. There really isn't any other possibility.

Let's start with the basics by checking all permissions. First check the overall Usergroup permissions:

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager -> Edit Usergroup

And the Forum permissions for each forum and Usergroup:

Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Forum Permissions

Main Usergroup Permissions take precedence unless you override them with specific Forum/Usergroup permissions.

When multiple usergroups are involved, a 'Yes' permission always overides a 'No' permission if 'Allow Users to have Member Groups ' is set to 'Yes' for the Primary group. Same goes for a larger quota.

Note, the primary group must have 'Allow Users to have Member Groups' to 'Yes'. Otherwise the secondary settings are not applicable.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks for working with me Steve. I think I may have found the problem. Sometimes it just takes somebody with wider perspective to stand back and take a look at things

Comment

Glad to hear it.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X