Invalid SQL database error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invalid SQL database error

Here is the error. Can anyone tell me what this means. Had it occur once the last couple days. at 2:12am and 4:30am this morning.

Database error in vBulletin 3.8.1:

Invalid SQL:

SELECT count(*)as cnt,max(dateline) as lastupdate
    FROM groupmessage
    WHERE groupid='1';

MySQL Error : Unknown column 'groupid' in 'where clause'
    Error Number : 1054
    Request Date : Saturday, March 7th 2009 @ 04:29:46 AM
    Error Date : Saturday, March 7th 2009 @ 04:29:47 AM
    Script : http://site.com/cron.php?rand=1236421781
    Referrer : http://site.com/h/g.html
    IP Address : 203.160.1.52
    Username : Unregistered
    Classname : vB_Database
    MySQL Version :

Doesn't look like our groupmessage table contains a column called groupid. So the broken query is probably part of an addon product/plugin.
    Planning to continue using VB 3.8 post EOL? Then join the VB 3.8 Forever group and vB3Forever.org!

Comment

Yep Your right I checked my tables and I do not see that either. Will try to check into it. If anyone else had this problem let me know or how to fix. The problem is that it is so intermitent how do I figure it out at once per day.

Comment

It might have something to do with a friend ship request. Now that I think about it I think I had one the last couple of days. Anyone else have something similar. The friendship request part I think is part of Vbulletin is it not?

Comment

Originally posted by jpietrowiak View Post
          The problem is that it is so intermitent how do I figure it out at once per day.
          Well, you could run Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions.

Look for custom scripts within ./includes/cron. It's probably one of those custom cron scripts.

You should be able to disable the cron script through Scheduled Tasks -> Scheduled Task Manager.

Hope this helps.

P.S. if this is part of a product, the Scheduled Task Manager should also tell you which one. Maybe you can find a newer version working with v3.8.1
          Planning to continue using VB 3.8 post EOL? Then join the VB 3.8 Forever group and vB3Forever.org!

Comment

Thanks It looks like only GAZ newletter and VBclasssified in the cron. Is there anywhere that I can look at past history to try and match up a time the error occured to a task?

Comment

OK I think I found it though not in the cron area. I found this thread http://www.vbseo.com/f77/links-not-w...ransfer-28287/

I tried running the sitmap generator and a database error occured within the sitemap generator. I changed the code as was stated above and reran the generator and no errors.

This was the error I got when I ran the report the first time. Though the links are different not sure if this will fix it. But looks promising. What are your thoughts. I do not know hardley anything about MYSQL and databases.

Database error in vBulletin 3.8.1:

Invalid SQL:

SELECT count(*)as cnt,max(dateline) as lastupdate
              FROM groupmessage
              WHERE groupid='1';

MySQL Error : Unknown column 'groupid' in 'where clause'
              Error Number : 1054
              Request Date : Saturday, March 7th 2009 @ 10:59:40 AM
              Error Date : Saturday, March 7th 2009 @ 10:59:42 AM
              Script : http://site.com/vbseo_sitemap/vbseo_sitemap.php
              Referrer : http://site.com/vbseo_sitemap/index.php
              IP Address : 24.240.92.5

Comment

There is 'groupid' field in the 3.8.1 groupmessage table. It was replaced by 'gmid'. That is either from an old file or an add-on.

To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all plugins.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it.

Do you have the same problem?
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I just upgraded to 3.8.1 yesterday before this last error since I figured it could be something related which was why ther was a new release. But then I recieved the error again today. So all the files should be new from upgrade. I will try some of the other suggestions though. Might wait a day or two to see if I recieve it again. Also not sure if you posted before seeing my last message so not sure if what you recommended is still relavent. Please let me know.

Thanks for the support

Comment

Yes, my post is still relevant.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks Steve, One question though, when you say use default templates. I am not sure this would work for me. Maybe I should not have changed the default templates but I did since it seems like the plugins edit default templates. Should I have not done that and create a new style then try to get plugins to work with the other ones? Just curious to save me headaches down the road.
                      Thanks

Comment

You will almost certainly have to ask for help with that from the add-on authors.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Sorry I was not clear. I am talking in terms of the vbulletin Default style templates.

Comment

Yes, many add-ons require changes to the templates. You need to contact the authors about that.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X