Can't Upload Post Icons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't Upload Post Icons

I'm trying to upload some post icons to my boards.

The error I am getting is shown in the attachment below. I have the feeling this is something I need to adjust with my FTP settings, but I don't know what I am doing.

A little help?
    Attached Files

make sure your smilies dir is CHMOD to 0777
    Simple Straight Forward EU cPanel vBulletin Web Hosting Provider.

Comment

Originally posted by WEBDosser View Post
      make sure your smilies dir is CHMOD to 0777

Super. Thanks so much.

I didn't get that from the error that said, "This is the file path that smilies will be uploaded to and read from. This file path should be readable AND writeable by your web server (usually chmod 0777) so that they may be uploaded and displayed."

I totally missed that. Thanks ever so much.

When you go to a mechanic and say, "I need help changing the transmission, can you tell me how?" and he replies with, "Well, all you need to do is change the transmission" you will know you have met your long lost brother.

God speed.

Comment

When setting a directory to chmod 0777, I find the only way to do that is to give Read, Write and Execute permissions to everyone - including Owner, Group and Others.

Is this how it's supposed to be to enable the smilies directory for manipulation?

Comment

If you want to upload smilies/post icons from the admincp, yes. Otherwise you do nto have to chmod them and you can upload the files.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
            If you want to upload smilies/post icons from the admincp, yes. Otherwise you do nto have to chmod them and you can upload the files.
            Thank you.

Comment

In related news, I want to change my poll icon. I found where it's at and all that and I know how to change it. The issue is that the new image I want to use is a .png rather than a .gif (.gif is the file type of the default image).

What will I have to do/change/otherwise tinker with to make the new image work correctly in place of the default image?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X