• Show
Clear All

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Posts #2 and 4.

Leave a comment:

• zero5854
    replied
    thanks for the reply but what instructions? None were provided.

Leave a comment:

• Andy Huang
    replied
    Removing data from database manually, table, row, field, index, your neighbor's third child's user, etc. etc. etc. are STRONGLY discouraged and can potentially cause irreversible damages.

Removing a phrase from the database directly will NOT remove any instances of its display, but will simply make that particular phrase impossible to edit, and unable to be used in any new instances.

At the current stage, you will need to manually add the phrase back into the database to regain capability of editing that particular phrase. However, this is not needed if you simply wish to make the phrase not display on your forum.

To remove the segment from being displayed on your forum, please follow the instructions provided to remove the phrase from the template. Do NOT mess with your database manually to adjust this, as there are many cache in the system which will cause undesirable effects.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Again that is not a table.

Leave a comment:

• zero5854
    replied
    in my SQL I DELETED the table.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    That is not a table. It's still not clear what you did.

Leave a comment:

• zero5854
    replied
    THIS ONE

Code:
    showing_threads_x_to_y_of_z
    I found it in

Code:
    _phrase

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    You dropped a table? Which table?

Leave a comment:

• zero5854
    replied
    I went in via phpmyadmin and located this table and DROPPED it. Like you said it HAS to be coded in via html could u direct me to which one it could be? Im sure its just a reference to that phrase.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    You should never remove a phrase form the database. What did you do exactly?

Leave a comment:

• zero5854
    replied
    remove the text in the template as shown in pic. I cant remove the phrase bc I already did via my database. What file would I look in to remove $vbulletin code that calls that phrase so I can remove it? (The HTML)

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    This was explained. What exactly are you searching for and trying to do?

Leave a comment:

• zero5854
    replied
    I tried that....no phrases matched my query. Is there a way to refresh my templates to reflect the Database change???

Leave a comment:

• Andy Huang
    replied
    Edit the template via the step provided, it will update the compiled template for you, and it'll be gone. There is no file to edit.

Leave a comment:

• zero5854
    replied
    hmmmm just as I thought. Would u at least know what file to look in? Thanks

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X