How to get rid of this??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get rid of this??

Ok so I checked out my phrases and found out that it was Showing Threads {1}{2}{3} well something like that (cant post the exact phrase bc I removed it)

As I just said I removed it from my tables in phpAdmin.

Anyway as shown in pic below its still there! Any ideas guys?

Thanks for any help!

That is in this template:

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> « » -> Forum Display Templates -> FORUMDISPLAY

Search for "showing_threads_x_to_y_of_z".

That section is contained with a HTML table so it may not be a simple removal of the code depending on what you want to do. HTML ability is required.

Comment

hmmmm just as I thought. Would u at least know what file to look in? Thanks

Comment

Edit the template via the step provided, it will update the compiled template for you, and it'll be gone. There is no file to edit.
        Best Regards,
        Andy Huang

Comment

I tried that....no phrases matched my query. Is there a way to refresh my templates to reflect the Database change???

Comment

This was explained. What exactly are you searching for and trying to do?
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

remove the text in the template as shown in pic. I cant remove the phrase bc I already did via my database. What file would I look in to remove $vbulletin code that calls that phrase so I can remove it? (The HTML)

Comment

You should never remove a phrase form the database. What did you do exactly?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I went in via phpmyadmin and located this table and DROPPED it. Like you said it HAS to be coded in via html could u direct me to which one it could be? Im sure its just a reference to that phrase.

Thanks

Comment

You dropped a table? Which table?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

THIS ONE

Code:
                      showing_threads_x_to_y_of_z
                      I found it in

Code:
                      _phrase

Comment

That is not a table. It's still not clear what you did.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

in my SQL I DELETED the table.

Comment

Again that is not a table.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Removing data from database manually, table, row, field, index, your neighbor's third child's user, etc. etc. etc. are STRONGLY discouraged and can potentially cause irreversible damages.

Removing a phrase from the database directly will NOT remove any instances of its display, but will simply make that particular phrase impossible to edit, and unable to be used in any new instances.

At the current stage, you will need to manually add the phrase back into the database to regain capability of editing that particular phrase. However, this is not needed if you simply wish to make the phrase not display on your forum.

To remove the segment from being displayed on your forum, please follow the instructions provided to remove the phrase from the template. Do NOT mess with your database manually to adjust this, as there are many cache in the system which will cause undesirable effects.
                              Best Regards,
                              Andy Huang

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X