Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

do bouncing emails from a user do any sort of automatic stop process?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do bouncing emails from a user do any sort of automatic stop process?

Say for example I have many old members that have their settings set to recieve email notification of all kinds of events, but they are no longer active, and they no longer check that old email - what happens if emails star bouncing back from a user? Does that generate any sort of action to that user's account?
    (I am thinking that maybe my server gets busy sometimes because of email traffic bouncing back and forth)

for example some users are subscribed to these game threads that get multiple posts every day that go on and on and on for years - and when those users are gone, those emails to them are still getting generated from the daily action on the game threads... so I am thinking I want a way to stop it...

No, it does not modify the user's account in any way; nothing happens.

However, they are not receiving tons of e-mails notifying them of the updates. They only get one e-mail until they actually visit the thread again. It states in that in the e-mail:
    There may also be other replies, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.
    Regards,
    Nick

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X