How many forums can vBulletin handle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many forums can vBulletin handle?

I am looking to create a board with many, many forums (probably in the neighborhood of 60,000-70,000). I was wondering if vBulletin would be able to handle having that many forums created and running. It is a lot of forums to create and I want to make sure it can handle it before I start creating them, especially since there doesn't seem to be any way to mass create forums (making the process a long one). Thanks for any help.

Honestly, i'd be rethinking your strategy if I were you. Perhaps use some other form of organisation, like tags or prefixes to get what you want.

60,000 will almost certainly affect performance, and not only that, it will be an absolute nightmare to manage.

Comment

You will most likely start having performance and management issues once you are over 1000 and definitely over 2000 forums.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X