How do I edit the welcome message?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I edit the welcome message?

This one: "If this is your first visit...." That appears on the index page for unregistered users...?

All language is in Phrases. Do a 'Search in Phrases' for the specific language you are looking for (for larger phrases it's best to search for just a small section of the phrase), then edit the appropriate Phrase.

Admin CP -> Languages & Phrases -> Search in Phrases

Note: To edit a phrase, place the new phrase in the available language text boxes.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
      All language is in Phrases. Do a 'Search in Phrases' for the specific language you are looking for (for larger phrases it's best to search for just a small section of the phrase), then edit the appropriate Phrase.

Admin CP -> Languages & Phrases -> Search in Phrases

Note: To edit a phrase, place the new phrase in the available language text boxes.
      Steve,

The Welcome Message he is referring to . . . is that a message (or Topic) that New Members get as a pop-up or something when they log into the forums the very first time or when they have zero posts? If so, how do I activate that feature?

Note: Currently we have ALL new registrations for new members set for MOD, so that we can review their application manually for approval. Once we approve their User Names, it sends them an email as a Welcome email with instructions to go to the forums. Am I to assume the Welcome Message is different than the Welcome email they get?

Thanks,

David

DAVID COPELAND
      Licensed VB Holder Since 2000
      Celebrating 20 Years with VB

Comment

Thew one he is referring to is the standard text one sees when visiting a forum they are not logged into.

The welcome email is a different phrase, called: welcomemail
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X