• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well done!!
    Lats...

Comment

url please..
      Simple Straight Forward EU cPanel vBulletin Web Hosting Provider.

Comment

Originally posted by WEBDosser View Post
        url please..
        You mean my "local host" or 127.0.0.1?

Comment

Originally posted by RedHotChili View Post
          You mean my "local host" or 127.0.0.1?

lol.. so funny

Comment

Having problems getting vbulletin to run on localhost

Hi Guys & Gals,

I am trying to setup vbulletin on my laptop running windoze vista. I have Xampp up an running, I have configured the config.php file to localhost, I have copied the upload folder into htdocs, but when I goto http://localhost nothing happens. I am a n00bie can you help me please ?.

Rgds
            Byrner

Comment

Originally posted by Byrner View Post
              Hi Guys & Gals,

I am trying to setup vbulletin on my laptop running windoze vista. I have Xampp up an running, I have configured the config.php file to localhost, I have copied the upload folder into htdocs, but when I goto http://localhost nothing happens. I am a n00bie can you help me please ?.

Rgds
              Byrner
              what o you mean by nothing happens?

Do you get an error like:
              1 - "404 - page not found"
              2 - you just get an empty page
              3 - you get the firefox/iexplorer page that website was not found?

Comment

Hi designeru,

Sorry I forgot to enter that information What I did was first just copy the upload folder to htdocs, but when I typed in http://localhost I just get the main Xampp for windows screen. So I created a folder in the htdocs folder called vbullet and put the upload folder in there and when I type in http://localhost/vbullet I get the following message:

Object no found!
                The requested URL was not found on this server. If you entered the URL manually please check your spelling and try again.
                If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.

Error 404
                localhost
                15/10/2009 09:44:36
                Apache/2.2.12 (Win32) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.12 OpenSSL/0.9.8k mod_autoindex_color PHP/5.3.0 mod_perl/2.0.4 Perl/v5.10.0 RgdsByrner

Comment

i use wamp for this.. there is a thread on my forums on how to install it but you would need to register to see it.

LINKY

Comment

Hi WEBDosser,

I did as you recommended, upto the part where copy the contents of the upload folder into the www folder in the wamp folder. The problem is that there ia alread an index.php file in the www folder belonging to wamp and there is also an index folder belonging to the upload folder, do I overwrite this file ?.

Rgds
                    Byrner

Comment

Byrner, if you're having problems please start your own thread

Comment

Originally posted by Byrner View Post
                        Hi WEBDosser,

I did as you recommended, upto the part where copy the contents of the upload folder into the www folder in the wamp folder. The problem is that there ia alread an index.php file in the www folder belonging to wamp and there is also an index folder belonging to the upload folder, do I overwrite this file ?.

Rgds
                        Byrner
                        Its perfectly safe to overwrite, that index.php might be just an intro page of WAMP.

Comment

Hi Guys and thanks, I got vbulletin installed on my laptop :-) I want to thank you all for your help.

Rgds
                          Paddy

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X