Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jdj
    replied
    Related issue...this thread looks as close to what I'm asking as any.

I have my main forum presently in 3.8.4 and my test forum in 4.0.1, just working out what all the implications are of migrating over, and building new styles in my test forum. On my 3.8.4 installation I have a group set up that has their own bespoke style (because they asked for it). When we originally set them up we set all their members up for them individually at their request, chose their style for them and saved in their UserCP. I know that vB3 styles won't move to vB4 and when I move over I want to avoid having to go into each of their accounts individually to make their changes for them.

So is there some way I can access their group to set the style for their whole group to a style I've created?

Or (bearing in mind that I'm not a programmer and don't know where the style information sits) can I recreate a new style in my new vB4.0 installation with the same reference or name as the old style so that when I move up to vB4.0 the new installation thinks it's looking at the same style?

Leave a comment:

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    No. You can only override the style for individual forums, but not the index page. The index page uses the default style or whatever style the user has selected in their preferences.

Leave a comment:

• MikesSite
    started a topic Assign style to forum home?

Assign style to forum home?

Can we assign certain styles to the forum home? I know we can't on previous versions, but would love if we could now.
    Last edited by MikesSite; Sun 1 Mar '09, 10:11pm.