X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wicked One 612
    replied
    Originally posted by Nick View Post
    Hmm... that's weird. I use that modification as well, but I have not encountered such an error as you have.

Perhaps you are using an incompatible/out-dated version of the mod?
    What browser are you using?
    I'm on vBulletin 3.8.1 with Ad Management 5.00 Beta for 3.8.x. Using Firefox 3.0.6 and Internet Explorer 8. The newest Ad Management is 5.01 Beta, so I guess that could be the problem, but I doubt it.

Perhaps the problem lies in a conflict with another mod I have installed. Either way, I'll just find another Ad Management modification.

Leave a comment:

• Nick
    replied
    Hmm... that's weird. I use that modification as well, but I have not encountered such an error as you have.

Perhaps you are using an incompatible/out-dated version of the mod?
    What browser are you using?

Leave a comment:

• Wicked One 612
    replied
    Originally posted by Nick View Post
    Support can't be catered to your specific situation in terms of the modifications that you have installed. If you want that type of assistance, you will need to ask at www.vbulletin.org.

Otherwise, you need to do the following:

Reupload all the original vB non-image files (except */install/install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file.

Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':
    Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

Next, Disable your plugins. To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit */includes/config.php and find:
    Code:
    <?php
    Add this directly below it:
    Code:
    define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);
    If this solves the problem, then the issue is because of a modification. Undo the above edit in config.php and disable your modifications one by one to determine which is the culprit.
    Thank you man. I skipped the first part you said and just went straight to the dreaded disabling each modification one at a time (since I have over 30 of them). And I found the culprit!

It was vB Ad Management for anyone that is wondering.

Thanks again.

Leave a comment:

• Nick
    replied
    Support can't be catered to your specific situation in terms of the modifications that you have installed. If you want that type of assistance, you will need to ask at www.vbulletin.org.

Otherwise, you need to do the following:

Reupload all the original vB non-image files (except */install/install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file.

Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':
    Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

Next, Disable your plugins. To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit */includes/config.php and find:
    Code:
    <?php
    Add this directly below it:
    Code:
    define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);
    If this solves the problem, then the issue is because of a modification. Undo the above edit in config.php and disable your modifications one by one to determine which is the culprit.

Leave a comment:

• Wicked One 612
    started a topic Very Interesting Problem With Quick Edit

Very Interesting Problem With Quick Edit

I've got quite the problem with Quick Edit. Normally I'm pretty good at identifying and solving these problems, but this one has got me stumped.

When I click on the edit icon the AJAX loading circle comes up and never stops - meaning it never loads the quick editor. If I click again it brings me to the full editor. Quick reply, however, works just fine.

I created a new style with no parent so it was stock templates and the problem persists. This means that it is not a template editing problem, but a problem within the vBulletin files/settings itself. Likely a problem with AJAX I'd imagine.

This is odd because although I have many vBulletin.org modifications installed, little to none of them have asked me to do physical file edits.

Maybe if I had a list of the files that quick edit is associated with I could overwrite those with the vBulletin defaults.

vBulletin Version: 3.8.1
    If you need a list of the modifications I have installed, just ask.

Thanks for the help.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X