Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automatic thumbnail for linked image?

Hi,

I did a search here but I couldn't find an answer to my question.

I don't want to use the attachment system for pictures. Because of this I would like to know if there is a way for linked pictures (like pictures in photobucket) to be displayed in thumbnail or with a maximum size of 600x600. If someone wants to see it in full size, just need to click on it?

Is this possible without using the attachment system?

I'm using VB 3.8.1

Thanks

Sorry, there is no function to do this. This requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks Steve, I didn't know that.

I asked this because I fear to use the database storage. I think it can cause the SQL to become too big, to slow and use a lot of CPU from the webhost.

Comment

Originally posted by Parafal View Post
        Hi,

I did a search here but I couldn't find an answer to my question.

I don't want to use the attachment system for pictures. Because of this I would like to know if there is a way for linked pictures (like pictures in photobucket) to be displayed in thumbnail or with a maximum size of 600x600. If someone wants to see it in full size, just need to click on it?

Is this possible without using the attachment system?

I'm using VB 3.8.1

Thanks
        Did you find the answer to this if so could you let me know as I have the ssame issue

Comment

We all do. It sux big time.

if only it was possible to arange and move around pictures uploaded in Vb.
          The we could use the attachement option.
          But it sux big time

Comment

Originally posted by Parafal View Post
            Thanks Steve, I didn't know that.

I asked this because I fear to use the database storage. I think it can cause the SQL to become too big, to slow and use a lot of CPU from the webhost.
            You don't have to store attachments inside the database, you can store them outside it. You have a choice of database or file system. Go to your admincp, attachments, attachment storage type.
            environment: Centos 6.9, Apache v2.4.25, PHP 5.6.30/xCache, MariaDB 10.22 -- vB5 Connect Licensed

AusPhotography - Australia's Premier Photographic Forum vB4.2.3
            Rick (site owner) and Kym (site tech) sharing this account

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X