Can't prevent moderators from hard deleting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't prevent moderators from hard deleting

I have just set up a few new mods and they have the option to hard (physically) delete posts. I do not want them to be able to hard delete and have unchecked the option for this by going in to the forum manager, selecting the forum admin and editing their permissions. They still have the hard delete option though. Is there another option somewhere overriding this?

Make sure you check each of the forums their assigned to, additionally make sure you do not have any addons or hacks that would modify these permissions.

Comment

I just found this thread, might help you too:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=264043

Greetz,

Flar

Comment

Thanks for this. That thread helped me find the source of the problem. I had set the individual forum moderator permissions but I didn't realise there was another set of moderator permissions in the moderator manager. Strangely all my mods have been listed as supermoderators on this page even though they all belong to the moderators group.

Anyway, problem solved now but I'd be interested if you could tell me why they are listed as supermods...

Comment

Originally posted by doyouremember View Post
          Thanks for this. That thread helped me find the source of the problem. I had set the individual forum moderator permissions but I didn't realise there was another set of moderator permissions in the moderator manager. Strangely all my mods have been listed as supermoderators on this page even though they all belong to the moderators group.

Anyway, problem solved now but I'd be interested if you could tell me why they are listed as supermods...
          If you check the moderator usergroup permissions (edit usergroup) you've probably set "Can Moderate All Forums (is Super Moderator)" to yes.

HTH,

Flar

Comment

Originally posted by Flar View Post
            If you check the moderator usergroup permissions (edit usergroup) you've probably set "Can Moderate All Forums (is Super Moderator)" to yes.

HTH,

Flar

OK that explains it! Thanks for your help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X