Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• custom profile options help

Hi all

I am trying to add custom profile options which I have found out how to do. Now how do I get them to show up next to avartar on post pages.

Basically What i want is to be able to add custom options and have them show in the red circle in the image below. I want to add 2 custom options, phone model and PIN. Thanks

go to postbit_legacy

You need to enter the custom field code.
    Example: <if condition="$post[field6]"><div class="smallfont"><b>Phone Model »</b> $post[field6]</div></if>

So you can search for [field6] and add your code where you want it.
    to find out your filed number look at the user profile field manager.

If you need more help post again, I'll show you in-depth.

Comment

See this thread: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=214234
      Regards,
      Nick

Comment

cheers guys if i get stuck i will no doubt be back....

I do have one more little question I know i should probably start a new thread but ill give it a shot in here.

When you click on one of my forums/sub forums my threads are displaying in alphabetical order.... how i want them to display is the most recently commented thread at the top (bar stickys) any help would be welcomed!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dmarks83 View Post
          cheers guys if i get stuck i will no doubt be back....

I do have one more little question I know i should probably start a new thread but ill give it a shot in here.

When you click on one of my forums/sub forums my threads are displaying in alphabetical order.... how i want them to display is the most recently commented thread at the top (bar stickys) any help would be welcomed!!!!
          AdminCP -> Forums and Moderators -> Forum Manager -> Edit Forum -> Default Sort Field and Default Sort Order
          Regards,
          Nick

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
            AdminCP -> Forums and Moderators -> Forum Manager -> Edit Forum -> Default Sort Field and Default Sort Order
            Nick your are a star! I spent 2 hours trying to fix that and it was right in front of my eyes

Going back to my first post in this thread i have added the code:

<if condition="$post[field5]"><div class="smallfont"><b>Phone Model »</b> $post[field5]</div></if>
            I placed it here:

<div class="smallfont">
            &nbsp;<br />
            <if condition="$post['joindate']"><div>$vbphrase[join_date]: $post[joindate]</div></if>
            <if condition="$post['field2']"><div>$vbphrase[location_perm]: $post[field2]</div></if>

<if condition="$post[field5]"><div class="smallfont"><b>Phone Model »</b> $post[field5]</div></if>

<if condition="$post['age']"><div>$vbphrase[age]: $post[age]</div></if>
            <div>
            $vbphrase[posts]: $post[posts]
            </div>
            It saves ok but when i go to my posts it still doesn't show up. I have the correct field number and have added the information in the usercp... any ideas where i am going wrong.

Nick i tried the link you provided but would not work. Sorry for being un-technical im new to VB

Comment

Those instructions should work. Note that if the profile field you are referencing is not filled in by the user, then it won't display.

Also, are you editing the appropriate postbit template? E.g. if you are using postbit_legacy, edit that template, and if you are using postbit (horizontal), then edit that template.
              Regards,
              Nick

Comment

I was editing postbit_legacy... tried to find posbit_horizontal and no such file.... tried my luck with just postbit and it works... thanks for your help nick!!!

Comment

Well the horizontal postbit template is just called postbit. The legacy is called postbit_legacy.
                  Regards,
                  Nick

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                    Well the horizontal postbit template is just called postbit. The legacy is called postbit_legacy.
                    Proving that I am a dumb arse!!!!

Where abouts in tampa are you from... Port Charlotte???

Comment

Originally posted by dmarks83 View Post
                      Proving that I am a dumb arse!!!!

Where abouts in tampa are you from... Port Charlotte???
                      The Brandon area.
                      Regards,
                      Nick

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X