Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I import the sql from my data base to my forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WildAmbitions
    replied
    Yes I did. I think what I did was that I had installed a completely new version. I uploaded my old files (again) and I have been able to access the old version now but have a new problem... I have made an error in my control panel (of the old version) and can no longer access my control panel. How do I get back into it to make the corrections? Or do I need to delete the files and start again?

The error is an incorrect url for the domain at which the forum is found (any idea which file within my forum would have this data?),
    This is the error message:
    The requested URL /forum/login.php was not found on this server.
    Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Leave a comment:

• Chapman
    replied
    Did you back everything up?

Leave a comment:

• WildAmbitions
    replied
    I believe I am past that point. (That was yesterday) My config file has connected to the database but none of the information from the database shows up on the forum.

I have access to my forum admin panel but the mods and posts and forums from the old forum are not there.

My old forum was Vbulletin 3.8 and the new forum I installed is 3.8.1

Please help

Leave a comment:

• Chapman
    replied
    Upload it to your database section on cpanel.
    Then sort out the config file in the includes folder.

Leave a comment:

• How do I import the sql from my data base to my forum?

I am sure this is totally a newbie question but I cannot figure it out. I have transfered an old data base to a new server and then uploaded a new version of VBulletin to my new server. How do I get the data from my old forum into the new forum. I know I need to import but from where and to where? A step by step would be great if anyone can help. Thanks.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X