Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parse errror: T_STRING in global.php

vB 3.8.1

Was running fine for a couple weeks after upgrade.

Now getting -
    Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting ',' or ';' in /public_html/forums/global.php(604) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code on line 1

I have tried the define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true); and it's still the same error.

Any other ideas? I can't get to the forums or admin.

Have you modified the global.php file at all?

Comment

No, and certainly not recently. The date/time stamp on the global.php is the same as most of the other files when I did the upgrade.

Comment

This error is either from a bad file or a plugin you've installed.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

OK, I have disabled plugins in config.php

What else can I do to disable the plugins so I can get back to admin and remove them?

Comment

You would also need to remove the files for your add-ons from the includes/xml directory.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

OK, initially just removed the v3-arcade files from includes/xml, that didn't work.

So I removed all files from includes/xml

Still getting same error. Any other ideas?

Comment

Post #4 is still applicable. What does Suspect Files show?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I can't get into admin, so I can't run the Suspect Files utility. Can it be run directly?

Comment

Unfortunately this still appears to be either a bad file or an add-on. The next step is to reupload all the original vB files.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Uploaded all fresh files and it was still giving the same error.

Re-ran the upgrade.php script and that seems to have solved it.

Not sure if just running the upgrade.php would have fixed it to start with it.

Maybe someone can try that first if they get the same error.

Comment

similar error

I have a similar error -

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_LNUMBER in /home/fishingn/public_html/forum4/global.php(607) : eval()'d code on line 4

and I tried all of the solutions mentioned above with no luck. I thought for sure installing all fresh files and running the upgrade would do it but I still get the error. Does anybody have an idea why?

Comment

That error is from a plugin. You need to remove the plugin causing this.

If you need further help please start your own thread with all the relevant details. Thank you.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X