User's own posts not showing in New Posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User's own posts not showing in New Posts

My users are reporting that threads that they have started or posted to do not appear in "New Posts" until or unless someone else replies to them.

This did not used to happen. It began after I had made a change to use the database to mark forums read instead of cookies, but I then changed it back to use cookies to try to fix the issue.

I've had the users with this problem (it's not all of them) mark all forums as read, log out and back in and clear their cookies, and they say it is still happening.

Any ideas how I can fix this?

With database automatic markings, new posts/threads made by a user will never show up as new posts until somebody else replies. After all, the user has already seen the post, therefore it's not new.
    Anybody who says "it can't be done" will usually be interrupted by somebody who is already doing it.

Comment

Strike my previous post, I DIDN'T change it back to cookies, I just thought I did. Duh.

Thanks!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X