New Usergroup - Perminssion Denied

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Usergroup - Perminssion Denied

When I create a new usergroup it denies permission to access the forum even though the usergroup has permission to see the forum. I want to create a second usergroup to promote users to another level. The message that comes up after placing a member in the new usergroup is:

"you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:"

Is it being used as a primary or secondary group? If it's a primary group then make sure this permission is enabled:

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager -> Edit Usergroup -> Can View Forum

This permission is like a on/off switch for accessing the entire forum.

Comment

It's being used as a primary.

I'm pretty sure that I have all the right settings. I've attached a screenshot of the usergroup's permissions.
      Attached Files

Comment

Those permissions are correct. Did you check the forum/usergroup permissions?

Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Forum Permissions

The only other cause would be due to an add-on.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I have VBA CMPS installed and I didn't know that it had usergroup permissions too. Once I allowed the usergroup everything worked.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X