Suhosin / Hardened PHP Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suhosin / Hardened PHP Error

Just installed my vBulletin ... and when I tried to edit the logo I get the following message?
    What to do now?

Required variables have gone missing and execution can not continue. Please try again.

This error can sometimes occur as a result of Suhosin / Hardened PHP being installed on your server. If you know that you have Suhosin running and you have access to the PHP configuration, try increasing the value of the following variables:
    • php_value suhosin.post.max_vars
    • php_value suhosin.request.max_vars

You would need to speak to your host to get those values changed.

Comment

I had the same thing, the host could not change it. I fixed this by creating a php.ini file:

Just paste this into a text file:

Code:
      suhosin.cookie.encrypt Off
      suhosin.request.max_vars 2048
      suhosin.post.max_vars 2048
      save as php.ini (no .txt extension)

upload into to admincp folder inside the main forum folder

Comment

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/blank_pages

Element 11.

vBulletin QA - vBulletin Support French - Lead Project Tools developer

Next release? Soon(tm)

Comment

Originally posted by PitchouneN64ngc View Post
          Originally posted by Mermaid View Post
          I had the same thing, the host could not change it. I fixed this by creating a php.ini file:

Just paste this into a text file:

Code:
          suhosin.cookie.encrypt Off
          suhosin.request.max_vars 2048
          suhosin.post.max_vars 2048
          save as php.ini (no .txt extension)

upload into to admincp folder inside the main forum folder
          tried both of those. no dice. i also had my host bump up the setting as suggested. no luck.
          HI

Comment

is there any reason why we even want Suhosin running? could i ask my hoster to turn it off with out any adverse effect to my server?
            HI

Comment

Originally posted by dirtycrow View Post
              is there any reason why we even want Suhosin running? could i ask my hoster to turn it off with out any adverse effect to my server?
              nothing huh?
              HI

Comment

I know of none.
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

It's nothing but trouble for VB i left my last hosts because they installed this and would not remove it. Now i'm on a vps

Comment

Originally posted by dirtycrow View Post

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
                    I know of none.

Originally posted by acwatts View Post
                    It's nothing but trouble for VB i left my last hosts because they installed this and would not remove it. Now i'm on a vps

To all,

I just spent a week going through another VB upgrade in a private VB ticket with Jake Bunce, VBulletin Team Member - who walked me through asking my host to upgrade from php 4.4.9 to php 5.2.9 .

Once the php 5.2.9 was upgraded, an important function in the Admin CP stopped working for me (I could no longer Save a Forum Access Mask to a member).

Back and forth, back and forth - in trying to unsuccessfully get an htaccess file in the forums directory to turn off the crippling suhosin feature.

In the end, Jake instructed me to request that our host recompile php 5 without the suhosin altogether - without any security risk.

DAVID COPELAND
                    Licensed VB Holder Since 2000
                    Celebrating 20 Years with VB

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X